Toy Story 3 - Blu-ray Combo Pack
by Brian Savage
You've got a friend indeed...in EVERY Toy Story Release. There are very few trilogies that are as strong as the Toy Story franchise. Each of these ground breaking films are pure joys that could stand alone if they had never made the other two films! The writing and editing are incredible in each of these stories.
Unfortunately it looks like we may be at the end of the line for this series as young Andy has finally grown up and headed off to college. In this chapter, the toys have gone the way of all toys over time, they sit idle in the toy box as the owner now has interests in other things. What will happen them? Will they be stored in the attic for future play? Sold to collectors? Donated to charity? or heaven forbid, end up in the landfill?
Watch Toy Story 3 to find out, but bring your tissues because you are going to need them if you ever loved a child, a toy, or watched a child love a toy.
Bottom line: No matter what happens to they toys, you are going to love Toy Story 3!
Disney and Pixar have done it again with another fabulous three disc combo pack! You get stunning Blu-ray, a NTSC version for your vehicle, and a digital copy for your iPad or portable player. Personally I believe that all movies should be packaged just like this!
Run time is about an hour-and-a-half and this pack is also chocked full of extra features:
* Day & Night – The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar artist and Director Teddy Newton.
* Toys! – A closer look at all of Toy Story 3’s beloved toys from updating the classic characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie’s Room toys.
* Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science of Adventure – Produced in conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz’s visit to the International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz’s triumphant return to Earth.
* Paths to Pixar: Editorial – Pixar editors, past and future share anecdotes about their careers.
* The Gang’s All Here – A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3 and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
* A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land – A sneak peek at the new Toy Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
* Studio Stories – A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
* “Where’s Gordon?” – An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar.
* “Cereal Bar” – The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
* “Clean Start” – The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark the start of the film.
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK has everything on the DVD plus…
* Toy Story Trivia Dash – This cool game challenges you to sprint to the finish with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy Story movies.
* Cine-Explore – Commentary by Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K. Anderson.
* Beyond the Toybox: An Alternative Commentary Track Featuring Leads from Story, Tech, Art and Animation – Commentary by Story Supervisor Jason Katz, Supervising Technical Director Guido Quaroni, Production Designer Bob Pauley and Supervising Animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini.
* Beginnings: Setting A Story In Motion – Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.
* Bonnie’s Playtime: A Story Roundtable – A roundtable discussion with Director Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the “Bonnie’s Playtime” scene to life.
* Roundin’ Up A Western Opening – The development of the movie’s exciting opening scene.
* Life Of A Shot – Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a few of the shots in the film’s “Western Opening.”
* Goodbye Andy – An exploration of character design, acting and animation in the scene “Andy’s Goodbye.”
* Accidental Toymakers – By creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15 years ago.
* Making of Day & Night – The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short.
Get this movie at your favorite retailer!
I wonder if Andy will become a toy collector in TS4 and try to re-assemble the old gang? This could make for a lot of really fun individual stories from each of the different toy's perspective...